agilityaddict
agilityaddict, Pet Trainer
Experience:  20 years experience training dogs in obedience and agility, current 4-H agility superintendent
6035727

Sorry it went off Assistant: What sort of animal are we

Customer Question

Sorry it went off
Assistant: What sort of animal are we talking about?
Customer: Staffy and english
Assistant: Maybe I'm confused. I thought you had a problem with a pet. Is that correct?
Customer: Yes i have explained but lost connection
Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the animal?
Customer: My english bull terrier is fighting with my female staffy
Assistant: Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. What is the Bull Terrier's name and age?
Customer: Hunter he was 1 feb this yr
Assistant: How old is Hunter?
Customer: 19mths
Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Hunter?
Customer: Hes had hes bits cut
Category: Dog Training
Expert:  Mike McIntyre replied 1 year ago.
Hello. This is Dr Mike. I have been practicing for 19 years and I will be happy to help you today with all of your questions. First, I would like to start with a few questions to help me better understand your case.
How long has the fighting been going on for ? How long have these two been together ? Does something set up this fighting ? Are they both fixed ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The fightin as happened twice know but yesturday was a bad 1 i have had hunter since he was 8 wks old and bella for 11 yrs and bella is ok and hunter has no marks

Are they both fixed? What set up or provoked the fight?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They both fine and nothing provoked the fight
I believe as hes a pup he wants to play as hes still very active and the staff is not interested in playin
Is she the dominant one of the two dogs ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No he is

Then if the dominance is already been determined to be him, we are not fighting for dominance. Has he been neutered already?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
wat do u suggest

Has he been neutered? If not, the higher levels of testosterone may cause some more aggression too.