Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 17 years.
53976849

Quick question ive got a five and a half month old

hi quick question ive got a five and a half month old rottweiller puppy he got attacked last week by a staffordshire bull terrier n got injuries will this affect my puppy his temperament is fantastic and he is so loving thanks
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with your puppy?
Customer: he is naughty and wont do what he is told its since the attack he wont
JA: Where does your puppy seem to hurt?
Customer: he doesnt now but he got attacked on the chest
JA: OK. No obvious pain. Can you see anything that looks wrong or different?
Customer: no he was given meds from the vets but the teeth marks on him were weeping the day after now they are not
JA: Is your puppy eating normally?
Customer: oh yes
JA: Is your puppy having trouble peeing or pooing?
Customer: no
JA: OK. No obvious problems there. How is your puppy behaving differently?
Customer: yeah he wont for example come back to us when we shoult him
JA: Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Dog Trainer can help you. What is the dog's name?
Customer: rocky he pulls slightly on a short lead
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Dog Trainer should know about Rocky?
Customer: no how mcuh is this though pelase x

Welcome! I am Dr. Altman and am happy to assist you both today!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
we are concerned we may have issues with him later in life eg going for other dogs and also at the moment he is such a loving and placid puppy we are scared this attack will change him and make him nasty

I am so sorry this happened to your puppy! I definitely would get him into a puppy class as soon as you are able to introduce him to other puppies/ dogs that are in a controlled social situation and the biggest thing you need to be aware of is your own body language when meeting other dogs because we tend to be anticipating a problem with tension and holding our breath and Rocky will sense that and reflect that same energy

But puppy classes would be great in this scenario to help aid in moving you both forward from this awful event

Please let me know how else I can assist you both today

If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION with five stars at the top of your screen (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
if we are apprehensive he can pick up on this..........

Absolutely