DakotaSouthFive
DakotaSouthFive, Other
Experience:  Therapy Dog Evaluator,AKC Evaluator, 27 years dog behavior,modification, Emergency Pet first aide in disasters
3570977

My has started beign aggressive towards other dogs he is 12

my ***** ***** has started beign aggressive towards other dogs he is 12 years old
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the dog?
Customer: my ***** ***** has started being aggressive to other dogs he was 12 yrs in april
JA: Where does the dog seem to hurt?
Customer: he doesn't hurt it is a lot of noise but never draws blood
JA: OK. No obvious pain. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Ollie
JA: Is there anything else the Dog Trainer should be aware of about Ollie?
Customer: He had s6 teeth out in beginning of year and had a blood test which showed

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I have been in the dog field for 25 years. I am a Therapy Dog & AKC Evaluator/trainer/ as well as an assistance/service dog trainer, specializing in behavior. It will be my pleasure to help you today.

Did this start suddenly ?

Is it out of character for this dog?

What precedes the attacks, what is going on at the time?

Is there anything new in the dog's life? (new pets, people, home etc)

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No not suddenly but more frequent over the years, I will admit he has always been fiesty
I was going to finish my email with he had a blood test when he had his teeth out and the vet Said his liver enzymes were high he has to have a further blood test to find out if they are still high I am worried that he is ill, but is lively, eating well. The attacks are sometimes jealousy doesn't seem to do well if there are more than 1 dog but this afternoon he went for three dogs who were not doing anything but again more noise than substance
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am sorry I am an old pensioner and can't really afford any more
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Some days I can take him out and he gets on well with everyone dog he meets,

I would always lean to illness when something comes on more sudden and frequent , especially at his age.

Also some days he is fine with dogs and other days not so much , which leads me to think some days he feels okay and other days he does not want to be bothered and so he act out.

Until he has a full workup for this issue, I would try keeping him around only one dog at a time, one that he trusts.

I would also use a leave it command if he knows that so he won't move forward after another dog. This has to be taught first if he does not know the command, and it has to be taught with a variety of items, not just food.

I would also have his thyroid checked in the next blood test as this can also cause sudden aggression.

use a variety of items for training leave it so the dog knows it pertains to everything in its sight.

clicker leave it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNAOe1djDyc