Susan MRCVS
Susan MRCVS,
Experience:  Expert
112619934

I have a puppy 9 weeks old, and she expecting me be with her

Customer Question

Hi , i have a puppy 9 weeks old , and she expecting me be with her all the time another way if i am disappearing to another room she is craying .
JA: Hi there. I'll do all I can to help. Aside from this crying, have you noticed other behavioral changes in the puppy? Does she appear to be in pain?
Customer: I don’t think so
JA: What's the puppy's name?
Customer: Belka , litle morkie Sory Bella
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know?
Customer: no
Category: Dog Training
Expert:  Susan MRCVS replied 17 days ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I’m a veterinary surgeon in the UK. I will try and help you as best I can.

Congratulations on your new addition to the family.

I think it is entirely natural for a puppy be clingy. She is very young and has just been removed from the only family she has ever known. To Bella you are her comfort, warmth, food everything.

Bella will need lots of consistent love and attention to begin to feel settled in her surroundings. At the moment she is cared when you leave the room. If she she scared at home home she needs more attention to start to feel confident.

Lots of simple games will help improve her confidence.

Using any telling off or leaving her at this early stage might back fire and cause her more anxiety. 

Check out this website. Sarah runs a course entitled your first week with your new puppy. I think you will find some helpful information there.

https://www.thebehaviournurse.co.uk/

Sarah is passionate about building the right relationship with your puppy and offers this first course for free. She also offers a longer 8 week course which is for a fee.