Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

My friend has taken 0.6 grams of cocain and had a few beers

Customer Question

Hey My friend has taken 0.6 grams of cocain and had a few beers does he need to worry can you send me a list of facts they need to know about the situation and can they please know what immediate symptoms that they need to really worry about and what symptoms need immediate medical help and weather they can still stay alive x
Category: Drug Testing
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
They are also on fluoxetine for depression and only took it to kill themselves but are now regretting it and want to know if they need to worry and what signs mean they need to get immediate help x
Expert:  Precious Osula replied 11 days ago.

Hello, I'm Dr Osula any symptoms of chest pain, shotrness of breath, increased heart rate, sweaty and feeling dizzy/faint can be signs of heart damage and should be in A+E

How much fluoxetine did he take?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
He has 40 milligrams a day and is only feeling a tiny bit uncomfortable in the left side of his chest but he says it’s not that noticeable will he be okay x
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I don’t wanna die anymore x

Ok, as he's having symptoms of chest discomfot and expressing thoughts of dying, I'll recommend you take him to A+E immediately!

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Okay he says he can’t go to a and e is there an extremely high chance that he will die and is it very serious because he says he wants to live and really regrets it and wants to know if he can try and sleep x
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
And doesn’t have to worry about die ing
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Does he need to worry about that or is it 50/50

I cant make that kind of guess, as he's possibly overdosed on medication, is having chest symptoms, then my advise is to attend A+E.

Give NHS111 a call as if he's refusing, they can call paramedics to come out and assess him

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Okay thankyou x

No worries, please provide feedback ratings also, thanks

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
He says he can’t do that can you please give me one honest thing is it serious and high chance of death if his chest pin is only dull and how can he help it at home x

My honest reply is that I cannot assess someone over a computer or predict risks when I have no idea what they even look like. That can be answered once he has blood tests, ECG to check his heart, and blood pressure.

If you want to help your friend, then take him to A+E or call nhs111

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Can you please atleast tell me weather it’s extreemly serious and I can get any info you need to give atleast an estimation on diagnosing how please I’m not asking for a lot I’m just desperate
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Atleast tell me the symptoms that he need to know that are very serious and do require emediate help any symptoms that he needs to worry about aswell as heart discomfort
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Plz Ik you don’t know him or me but I’m begging you I need this info bad x

I'm sorry but I'll have to opt out as I dont feel this is the right service for you. Hopefully you'll heed my advice.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 11 days ago.

This is Dr. David

cocaine use will always increase anxiety symptoms

that is why your friend is worried about death.

your friend is safe to go to sleep

he will not die

but he should seek help to stop using cocaine so he doesn't get into this situation again