Dr Baker
Dr Baker, Family Physician
Experience:  MD
108371854

I had a couple of questions relating to Cannabis drug

Hi there I had a couple of questions relating to Cannabis drug testing
JA: Is this a time sensitive issue? What type of specimen are they testing?
Customer: its a urine test. And not really time sensitive but I have some questions
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Thank you for contacting Just Answer

What is your question please?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Hello there, I have smoked marijuana for almost a month now but maybe 4-5 times a week. Mostly 4 times a week. But during those times I smoke a good amount. I may have a drug test in March or April. How long does it take to clean marijuana out of my system for a urine test? I am also planning on excercising today.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I also smoked back in september but not much
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
What if I stop smoking end of december or at the start of the new year. How long until it is out of my system for a urine test?

Okay thanks. Is this test only going to be a urine test?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.

With a urine test, if a heavy user it can be present up to 30 days. So for yourself I suspect less than this. A urine test next year should therefore show that it is undetectable

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
A maximum of 30 days? Because I have read that it can be up to 70 days. Also last week I smoked 5 days in a week, this week 4 days. And before always 4 days. But I smoke a lot. What is considered a heavy user?
Heavy use is deemed a few times daily, every day

Even if it was 70 day, next year is still beyond this time

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
it doesn’t matter how much in a day I smoke? As long as not every day?

Well yes it does, the more you smoke the longer it is likely to be detectable, but it is unlikely to be detectable after 30 days. Test differ in their sensitivity so this is a broad answer, hence why you may have read 70 days

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I’m doing a urine test so you say 30 days maximum after that it is unlikely, even for a heavy user?

That is what many tests suggest, yes

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Am I considered a moderate user if I smoke 4 times a week but smoke a lot on those days?
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
90% of the time its by vape
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I don’t know if that makes any difference

Yes that would sound correct. I suspect a vape is lower than smoking

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Interesting, so if I stop smoking by the new year. I should be good to go beginning of february right?
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Also does excercising make it go faster?
that is would be correct. Exercising will not make a big difference to this
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Thank you for your help
Not a problem, take care