Richard, Engineer
Experience:  E-Reader Engineer
32989067

My Kindle seems to have died! Could the battery have

My Kindle seems to have died! Could the battery have expired? I have had it for several years. In which case can I get a new battery or do I have to get a new Kindle. I hope not because I like the format of mine.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Kindle.

Let me know the results please