Cris
Cris, Technician
Experience:  A technician which covers all grounds including E-Readers.
10156100

My kindle wont start. the screen lights up but nothing

my kindle wont start. the screen lights up but nothing happens after that.
JA: What device is not powering up?
Customer: kindle E Reader
JA: When did you last charge your e-reader?
Customer: a few days ago
JA: Have you tried a force reboot (pressing and holding the power button for a minute)?
Customer: for less than a minute operhaps
JA: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: thell device has been out of use lforl somel time perhaps a couplel ofl years
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Hi, thanks for using JustAnswer.com I am Cris and will be glad to assist you.

Please try to force start your Kindle.

1. If connected to the charger disconnect for 20 seconds.
  2. Then plug it back in and wait 5 minutes.
  3. After 5 minutes while still connected press and hold the power button for up to 1 minute or until the screen flickers which ever is shorter.
  4. Then allow the device to fully boot up.

Let me know if this resolves your issue by replying back to me below. If it does take a moment to rate my service by selecting the starts at the very top right so I am credited for assisting you. Thank you, Cris.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
tried your suggestion but nothing happened

If you don't mind trying it again from step 1. Sometimes it can take 1-2 tries for it to work.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
tried it 3 times but no response

How long have you had your Kindle?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have tried your solution but my kindle is still dead. I have had it for several years and last used it regularly in January last year.

To me it sounds like your battery is no longer good. Some of the older Kindles you can purchase the battery and replace them. But yours sound pretty old and maybe not worth it. Since the Kindle devices are so low in price. You can even trade yours in and get some kind of discount on a new one.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/browse.html?node=10825010011&tag=googhydr-20&hvadid=265632002608&hvpos=1t1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=*****************968&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=e&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9003484&hvtargid=kwd-324494271806&ref=pd_sl_7gmnt85bw7_e

I know this maybe not the answer you were looking for but do to circumstances the correct solution I can provide you. Please let me know if any further questions. Please take a moment to rate my service at the top right of the screen so I am credited for assisting you. Thank you, Cris.