Nathan
Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Nook, kindle, kobo, & ipad expert
59725966

After reading a sample, I tried to purchase the book only to

after reading a sample, I tried to purchase the book only to be told I had already bought the book which is not showing in my library
JA: When did you last charge your e-reader?
Customer: this morning
JA: Have you tried a force reboot (pressing and holding the power button for a minute)?
Customer: will try.
JA: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: my kindle is restarting

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

This symptom can indicate several possible issues: an internal hardware failure, a low/faulty battery, or just a simple memory/firmware glitch.

The first step here will be to attempt to reboot the kindle. This is done by pressing/sliding and holding the power button for exactly 20 seconds (no more, no less). Give the kindle about a minute to start back up. Note that you may need to repeat this process 4-5 times for the reset to take effect. Let me know if the problem persists, we can then try some further steps.

Thanks,

Nathan

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
have rebooted and the library now says I have bought the book and it will appear on my home page but it is not down loading
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i do not intend to pay £21 !
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Very unhappy that I have already paid £5 pounds with no satisfaction and would prefer a refund.

My apologies for any confusion. I, personally, am not asking you for anything else.

You are seeing an automated ad by the site for a call or remote session. It is not sent by me. This is optional and may be ignored if you wish.

You have however paid the full agreed upon fees (deposit + balance or membership) noted on the payment page when posting your question, for our chat here.

I would like to help you and provide value for that fee. For me to best be able to help you, please focus on our conversation here, and reading/replying to my responses, above.

Multiple replies and unrelated discussion further delay the system with every additional message.

You need to complete this reset process a minimum of 5 times.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Have done still nothing
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Do not wish to spend £21.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Have done all that

Again, I did not ask you to.

If the kindle still isn’t working properly, the next step will be a deeper level reset. If you have not charged the kindle recently or know that it is at least half full, then you should charge the battery for at least a few hours before proceeding further. Then plug the kindle into computer via usb cable, then press and hold power button for 60+ seconds, and release. The kindle will take 3-5 minutes to reload it's internal firmware. If it doesn't turn back on by itself, press power once to turn it on.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Will try using my computer as advised

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Still not downloading my paid for book have a feeling I may have been charged more than once.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Still only received the sample

Delete the sample, then refresh the page (look for the refresh button or swipe down and hold from the top to refresh)

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Have deleted sample can’t find refresh button or swipe to refresh

It depends on your kindle model.

Make sure you are connected to wifi, and then look again in your library, specifically under the Cloud library tab

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Still no joy . Not in either library

Where did you purchase the item, on the kindle or your computer?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
On the Kindle

Please look again carefully in the Cloud or Archive tabs, if the item was previously purchased, it will be in one of them.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Not in cloud or library

Okay at this point the only remaining thing you can do is to actually factory reset your kindle to force it to re-sync everything,

go into the kindle settings under Device or Account, and then from there you should see factory reset/restore.

After, you'll have to reconnect to wifi and sign back in to your amazon account

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Have found the problem to be that the card used for payment was one that had expired . I would like to opt out from just an answer and receive my refund as you were unable to diagnose the problem.

You had indicated previously that the item was previously purchased.

If that information was accurate, then it would not be card related. If it was a payment issue, you would receive a different type of error which may not have been conveyed.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It was the kindle that indicated that the book had been previously purchased I think we should terminate these conversation and I look forward to receiving my refund. Thanks for trying to help .

You paid your initial and very minimal fee up front. We are all independent techs here working in a good faith effort to help, based on the available information provided.

This is not a free service, but I can ask customer service to cancel the future monthly fees you've signed up for, After we are done here, if you'd like.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
please but I understood that the fee was fully refundable

The initial fee was to post your question. That would be refunded if you never spoke with a tech.

Considering the past 2+ hours I've spent attempting to help, I would assume you are not expecting me to work for free for that time, though it is nearly free considering the minor amount.

I'll have customer service cancel your membership. Once you've clicked the 5 stars at the top of the page to conclude our chat I can get that sent in for you.

Thank you and have a nice day,

Nathan