Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My e-reader has frozen on page 81. Closing the lid fails to

my e-reader has frozen on page 81. Closing the lid fails to switch it off.
JA: When did you last charge your e-reader?
Customer: yesterday; then the problem.
JA: Have you tried a force reboot (pressing and holding the power button for a minute)?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no, thanks

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute).
If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots.

If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am following your instruction; it seems to have worked. YES GREAT Thank you so much

Excellent and I am glad to hear that! Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that the site credits me for working with you today?