Richard, Engineer
Experience:  E-Reader Engineer
32989067

Kindle failing to open > Screen reads "fire" then Opens with

Kindle failing to open > Screen reads "fire" then Opens with the three icions on the bottom of the screen 1 offers2 swipe to open 3 Camera .When swiped to open just does so for vsp & reverts to Blak screen With "fire2
JA: When did you last charge your e-reader?
Customer: Sorry no E reader can I have a telephone no?
JA: Have you tried a force reboot (pressing and holding the power button for a minute)?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Kindle was del April 3rd . Was in use during the night placed on charger and when reopened problem

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the Reader and hold the power button to off for 120 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Reader.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The same opens prog.but closes immediately

Did the screen go off when you did my instructions?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

It is the internal memory that has faulted.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the Kindle to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.