Viet - E-Reader Tech
Viet - E-Reader Tech, Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot issues with E-Readers.
30037186

I use the Kindle facility on my iPad to read books. I am now

Customer Question

I use the Kindle facility on my iPad to read books. I am now getting memory problems with the iPad and would like to free up space by transferring books I have read away from the iPad to my Kindle iCloud reader. Can I do this and how, please
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Viet - E-Reader Tech replied 2 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. There is no need to transfer your Kindle books from your Pad to your Kindle Cloud reader. Your kindle books are always on your Kindle iCloud reader even if you delete / remove books from the Kindle app on your iPad.

- To remove books from the Kindle app, tap and hold on a book title / cover, then tap on the option remove / delete. These books will still stay on your Kindle Cloud reader.

- Note: You can only use the Kindle Cloud reader at the website https://read.amazon.com on a computer, not on a tablet or smartphone. You must use the Kindle app for reading books on your iPad. For freeing up space on your iPad tablet, you can remove all books from the Kindle app that you have read, and keep only new ones. (If needed, you can also delete the Kindle app if you don't use it on the iPad anymore.) Also, you can transfer / delete photos, documents, emails, etc. if you need more space on your iPad.
- Does that work? Are you able to remove books from your Kindle app with the above steps?
Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further; we can schedule a time. Thank you for your patience.

Please see my answer above. Do you still need help with anything else?

It looks like you are not there. We can schedule another time.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you for your patience.