Richard, Engineer
Experience:  E-Reader Engineer
32989067

My Kindle battery ran tight down. I recharged it but now all

My Kindle battery ran tight down. I recharged it but now all I get is the boy sitting under a tree and can't access my library. Can this be rectified?
JA: When could you last access your device?
Customer: About a week or two ago.
JA: Have you tried a Factory Reset? The E-reader Expert can walk you through this to ensure you don't lose your e-books and other data.
Customer: Haven't tried it. Yes please.
JA: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, and thanks.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the Reader and hold the power button to off for 60 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Reader.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did what you suggested, now re-charging light has come on, boy still under the tree.

How long has that picture been showing now?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Since following your previous suggestion, about 5 minutes.

It is the internal memory that has faulted.

A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to hard restart it.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the Kindle to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. Where do I send my Kindle for a replacement, and can the books on it that I haven't read be saved?

Can you tell me where you purchased it from please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Somewhere in Ireland. It was a gift and I don't know exactly where.

how old is it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
At least five years, maybe more.

ok, the warranty has expired, you will need to purchase a replacement Kindle.

All your books though are tied to your account, so when you setup the new Kindle, all your books will automatically be transferred over.

Let me know if you need anything else, and thank you for allowing me to help you today. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen then submit before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Richard, I got "an error has occured" and then lost you. What now?

the warranty has expired, you will need to purchase a replacement Kindle.