Josh
Josh, Customer Service
Experience:  5 years as Network Admin, 10+ years of IT support
50836188

My nearly new Kindle Paperwhite says the book I buy, and am

My nearly new Kindle Paperwhite says the book I buy, and am charged for, is unavailable for every book I buy! This has happened for the last 3 books, and now it will not show a downloaded sample of anything either...
JA: When did this downloading issue start with your Kindle?
Customer: About a week ago...I thought I should try a few times, with different books , before contacting you
JA: Have you tried a force reboot (pressing and holding the power button for a minute)?
Customer: Do you mean the on/off at the bottom edge? Won't it just turn it off? Should I then turn it on and hold it for a minute or two?
JA: The E-Reader Specialist will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the E-Reader Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just what to do about the purchased books being blocked...

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Please press and hold down the power button for 25-30 seconds until the Kindle restarts
If that does not work, then please respond back and let me know so I can continue to troubleshoot.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am seeing the Kindle Logo of the boy reading and a moving black bar above that which is now nearly full but has stopped filling
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It now shows the home page, and I think I can read one of the purchased books. Thank you

Awesome!

Please use the star rating at the top to rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit