Josh
Josh, Customer Service
Experience:  5 years as Network Admin, 10+ years of IT support
50836188

I am attempting to instal software update for kindle

i am attempting to instal software update for kindle keyboard (2010) but update has stopped at 7%!
JA: How long has this been going on with your Kindle? What have you tried so far?
Customer: started about 1 hr ago
JA: Anything else you want the E-Reader Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. Please note that it can take a couple of minutes for a reply while I review your response and type out an answer.

Please press and hold down the power button for 25-30 seconds until the Kindle restarts
If that does not work, then please respond back and let me know so I can continue to troubleshoot.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
to josh tech support expert
update software to kindle keyboard (2010)
ken

If you see this message on your device on or after March 22, 2016, you will need to manually install the latest software update for your device in order to resume normal functionality.

Click here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201994710

Locate your Kindle model on the page then click on Transfer via USB

Follow the prompts to update the software through your computer