Nathan
Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Nook, kindle, kobo, & ipad expert
59725966

Can't get new book to download on my Kindle. It keeps asking

Customer Question

Can't get new book to download on my Kindle. It keeps asking me for my Network and a password. I purchase my books on Amazon, where I have a password. Help
JA: When did this downloading issue start with your e-reader?
Customer: I lost wifi 2 days ago and now it is back. But my "network" is 2G, no longer 5G, whatever that means.
JA: Have you tried a force reboot (pressing and holding the power button for a minute)?
Customer: On the Kindle?
JA: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Nathan replied 9 days ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 9 days ago.

The kindle must be connected to wifi to download new books.

Go into your kindle settings/menu, to wireless. Select your current home wifi network name there, and then enter your wifi network password.

This is usually printed on your modem/router, or you can contact your internet provider for help with that info as well.

Nathan