Andrew Balfour
Andrew Balfour, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 30 Years Experience!
110699312

You have charged my credit card but supplied no answers, UK,

You have charged my credit card but supplied no answers
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: UK
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: none, just seen card statement
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: it is to do with kindle library on old kindle not available on onew one
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
can we speak on the phone?
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
how do we get connected?
I am a moderator for this topic. My goal is to help you get the best out of JustAnswer.
Do you have a specific question for our Experts? It looks like it may not have posted on this page. If so, please post your question as a reply to this message, and we will be able to search for an Expert to assist.
Tetyana-moderator
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Customer: replied 20 days ago.

Greetings and Welcome to JustAnswer.

I am Andrew your Support Technician with over 30 years of experience, it can be very frustrating when electronic devices go wrong but from my experience misconfiguration are usually the problem and they can be quickly resolved with the right advice and assistance. Please allow me a few moments to investigate, I will respond at the earliest either requesting more information or providing further information.

I have investigated the information you have provided and it sounds like you have a query relating to a Amazon Kindle which you need assistant syncing your book library. I would recommend you cover the steps I have attached below which will assist you with syncing the entire library. 

1. Ensure you have logged into the Kindle with your Amazon account that has your book library.

2. From the home screen, swipe down to open the Quick Actions or select Menu.

3. Select the Sync icon or the Sync and Check for Items option.

I hope the information provided today helps and if you have any questions or require any further assistance, please let me know and I will do my best to answer those!

Andrew

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
when will he be able to call?

I'm not available by call at this moment, however, I can continue assisting you online?

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
I am now busy. If you can give me a time when you can call I can arrange to be able to take it.

You can leave us with a time and I'm sure a expert will be in contact with you.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
14.00 GMT

Noted, someone will be in contact with you as requested.

Experience: Over 30 Years Experience!
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
19/11/2021 12:43
Andrew Balfour called. I explained what I wanted, to be able to access the library of my old kindle (now defunct but held in the cloud?) and he had me transferred to the Kindle department of Amazon [Ayesha in South Africa]. She informed me that this was impossible. She gave me an 0800 number but wanted to transfer me to her manager who was in India. Sure enough, after speaking to someone in Inia for about 10 minutes the line went dead and we seemed to have been cut off. I dialled the 0800 number and spoke to Aisa in the Philipines who could not help but transferred me to her "manager" Kumar in India. He told me that the only thing I could do was to create a new Amazon account using a different email address and have the contents of the library of my old Kindle transferred to that new account and I could then log in my new kindle to that account to access those books.

Must of been someone else that called, I didnt accept the Telehpone request personally must of been another expert.

It sounds like you have been transferred around which should have not been the case, the expert who called you should have instructed you through what to do. I'm happy to contiune helping you online, if thats ok?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
please.

I can also provide you with a number to call for complaint if you like, as far as I am aware, you should have been helped over the phone rather than transferred to anyone.

Do you know if you still have access to the Amazon account where your bookes were purchased from?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I would like that.

Sure to raise a complaint, please let the customer services team know that someone called you and then transferred the call to another team - 0808(###) ###-####/p>

So you are aware, it was not me who called you or transfered you.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
No, I no longer have access to my old email address.

I will also let team know on my end.

If you have lost access to the Amazon account which has the books, you wont be able to sign into the new device with that account which means you wont be able to sync the books. Have you tried to reset the password?

I have also notified the complaint on my side regarding the Telephony services you have received.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I do not understand. I still have the password ***** no access to the email address and thus no access to that account.

Sorry, I was refering to the Amazon account?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
was I. It seems that the email address is also the name of the Amazon account.

Ok so can you try login to your Amazon account via amzon.com please?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
No, I cannot. It automatically logs me in to my present account using this email address.

I see, it sounds like the access to this account is lost. I know this is not what you may want to hear but you will not be able to sync those books due to loss of your account.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I think this is the end of the road. Thanks for the help you tried to give me. How do I ensure that I do not get recurring charges from "JustAnswer"

Can I provide you with a number where you can request the canellation?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Please.

The number is  0808(###) ###-####/p>