sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I have a question about replacing a Tesla model S key fob.

Customer Question

JA: Have you checked the fob's battery?
Customer: The key fob has been destroyed so I need a new one.
JA: What is the model/year of your Tesla?
Customer: 2016 P90DL
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Tesla service are planning to fix it
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No, just how long it takes and what the procedure is supposed to be
Category: Electric Vehicles
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 8 days ago.

Dear customer my name is***** the expert who will attend you today, I am reviewing your query at the moment you are viewing this message, if you wish you can tell me your name, to know who I have the pleasure to talk to, also if possible I would like you to send me a photo or video in which your fault is better appreciated, it would help a lot to improve my final answer. If you have done a previous check or diagnosis in which you have obtained any error codes, that would also be helpful. Please note that the system will automatically offer you a service call, this has an additional cost to the initial cost of the consultation, and not in all cases it is necessary, so I recommend you to dispense with the call for now, we can continue through this chat without any problem. Thank you very much for trusting in the just answer.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Hi Jose, my name is ***** ***** I have a Tesla Model S. My spare key has been destroyed so I need to know the procedure for replacing the key fob. Does it take long? Tesla service have asked me to drop off the car for the day but that seems a long time to wait for a key fob? If the procedure takes under an hour then I would prefer to wait at the service centre.

Dear customer, the process is very fast, it can take between 1 and 2 hours, the time they ask for is because your car is not the only one to be serviced and you will have to wait for your turn.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Ok, thanks. Just that I have a booked appointment time and the car doesn’t need anything else doing to it. I didn’t realise that it would take 1-2 hours to program the key fob so that is useful information. I was hoping it would be quicker than that.

Dear customer, it is my pleasure to serve you. You may wish to mark me as a favourite expert for future reference. I hope I was able to answer your question. If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a Favourite Expert. You will have the option to do so on your "My Questions" page or you can request me by name on the site if you wish. My name is @Exp-JoseSebas Thank you for trusting Justanswer.