jaimzness, Engineer
Experience:  DAW and MIDI techniques. Keyboard and synthesizer programming. Electronic repair.

I have a Korg AX100G and it has stopped turning on. Im running

Customer Question

I have a Korg AX100G and it has stopped turning on. I'm running it on a 9v adapter which I have checked on other devices and it supplies power to them. Both of my guitar cables work through Line 6 amp and a guitarport so am satisfied that there is no problem with them. Is there a fuse inside the unit that could be changed?
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  carlday1 replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer my name is Carl and I will help with your question.

The unit is likely to have some sort of protection on it, I am searching for a schematic at the moment. Have you dismantled the unit for testing?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Carl,

I have taken the back off and looked at the circuit board. Nothing looks as if it has blown (i.e. no scorch marks etc) and nothing appears to be loose.

Expert:  carlday1 replied 4 years ago.
Hi Stuart,

Do you have a multimeter? If I was fault finding I would be looking around the power socket for fuses(they are likely to be PCB fuses that look like resistors, they should be marked F1 etc)