How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Rusty Your Own Question
Rusty, Music Professional
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Satisfied Customers: 6059
Experience:  Sound Engineer, Electrical Issues, Tone Consulting
Type Your Electronic Musical Instruments Question Here...
Rusty is online now

I have a P140 stage piano and aim to start gigging so I need

This answer was rated:

I have a Yamaha P140 stage piano and aim to start gigging so I need a volume control pedal. What one is suitable?

Hello, my name is Rusty. Volume pedals are standard, and you can use any of them that have 1/4" in and out. You will have to send a mono mix to the house engineer. Connect this to the left output, then send the output of the pedal to the engineer.¤cy=usd&source=4WWRWXGP&gclid=Cj0KEQiA-uWjBRChu9ie05m5ipgBEiQAuHIuK3TrA1TxX6lHK1rv10GuEupEeFAJPkLpraDT02crRq8aAn938P8HAQ&kwid=productads-plaid^82225823307-sku^[email protected]^PLA-device^c-adid^44639487282
Let me know if you have any questions.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your answer but I don't know what you mean by a house engineer. I am connecting to a 100w Roland electric piano amp - can you please explain in more simple terms to an ignorant layman?

The house engineer is the person running sound. So, plug the pedal into your left output, then plug the pedal output to your Roland amp's input. That will give you volume control with your foot as you play.
Rusty and other Electronic Musical Instruments Specialists are ready to help you