How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Rusty Your Own Question
Rusty, Music Professional
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Satisfied Customers: 6059
Experience:  Sound Engineer, Electrical Issues, Tone Consulting
Type Your Electronic Musical Instruments Question Here...
Rusty is online now

Although the Technics KN 6000 is no longer manufactured is

This answer was rated:

Although the Technics KN 6000 is no longer manufactured is it possible to buy a compatible microphone for home use only?
Hello, my name is Rusty. You can use any "dynamic" mic with that keyboard. As long as it doesn't require phantom power, it will work. I recommend a Shure SM58, or an Audix OM2. Feel free to go with a cheaper mic, such as Audio Technica, or similar brand. You can get a really cheap mic with a 1/4" cable already connected, and it will work just fine. Basically, you're not limited to a certain type of mic, you just have to use the adapter to make it work.
Connect a standard XLR cable to the microphone, and you'll need this adapter to make it work with your piano:
Rusty and other Electronic Musical Instruments Specialists are ready to help you