Rusty
Rusty, Music Professional
Experience:  Sound Engineer, Electrical Issues, Tone Consulting
63817454

One of the keys is sticking. Yamaha piano keyboard model not

One of the keys is sticking. Yamaha piano keyboard model not known. How easy to repair. Music shop have had it a week and haven't touched it.
Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: About 20 years old. I'll get model later. Yamaha.
Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Just a recent development. No troubleshooting. Left it in music shop while on hols last week and need it for a concert early November.
Assistant: Anything else you want the instrument expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I'm ok with basic mechanics but no electrical or electronic knowledge. If lubrication is what's needed I could possibly disassemble with guidance but have to pick up piano from shop today.

Hi there, my name is Rusty. The repair can be done in an hour or two, what happened is a key broke, causing it to stick. This is really the only reason a key will stick, unless it's very dirty and there are obstructions. Keys are cheap, and a parts department is in the UK. Most Yamaha keyboards are built exactly the same way, and you can do this at home if you are tired of waiting for the shop to get to it.

I'm guessing you didn't drop it off at an authorized Yamaha repair shop. Click here. If you want to do the repair at home, locate your nearest service center, and order the key through them. Click here for the video on how to replace a broken key. If yours is different, the model number will help me find you accurate repair info, but again, they are all built very similarly.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Sorry for the delay. It's a PF1000 serial no. 003638. Thanks for the info so far.

No problem. Yes, it will be about the same for this keyboard. Here is another similar model, however yours is more like the video I shared with you. All P series and Clavinova portables use the same type of keyboard assembly, so yours will work just like these videos.

Does this make sense? It's a mechanical problem, you can fix this at home. Just make sure to unplug the keyboard for 10 minutes before starting work, and don't touch the electronics.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The video is excellent and sorts the problem out. Thanks very much for your assistance.

You are very welcome! Please leave a 3-5 star rating for my service. You can still respond to me here at no extra charge in case you have any further questions about the repair.