MusicTech14
MusicTech14, Technician
Experience:  20 yrs experience in service & support of music instruments
60974588

I have a Yamaha Clavinova CLP-950 that I would like to use

Customer Question

I have a Yamaha Clavinova CLP-950 that I would like to use as a MIDI controller (I have been able to use it successfully to do this using Digital Performer) to trigger sounds through DP, and bring them back through the AUX in jacks and NOT hear the onboard Clavinova sounds as I'm triggering the other sounds. Is this possible?
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  MusicTech14 replied 6 months ago.
Hello. It seems like no one has gotten to your question. My apologies for that.To prevent the piano from sounding it's internal sounds when you are using it as a MIDI controller you need to turn the Local Control setting to Off.
The steps are as follows:
Press the FUNCTION switch.
Press F8 to get to the MIDI functions.
Use the +/YES & -/NO buttons to set the Local Control setting to OFF.