Pete
Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 20 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

I bought a roland ac 40 last year and tonight when I played

Customer Question

I bought a roland ac 40 last year and tonight when I played it started making a noise like a food mixer then produced a constant high pitched noise
JA: How long has this been going on with your Roland? What have you tried so far?
Customer: it just started tonight. I just switched it off
JA: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thank you
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I switched it off for a while and it now seems to be working normally
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Try disconnecting everything except the power cable from the amp, then turn it on again.

Let me know if it still whistles, or if it only whistles when you have a guitar or other instrument attached to it.