Lorenz Vauck
Lorenz Vauck, Mastering Engineer
Experience:  Audio mastering engineer, experienced with recording, mixing, mastering, instruments and vst plugins. Just ask me:)
78122054

The high hat has both the sound of a tom and the high hat

Customer Question

Hi, the high hat has both the sound of a tom and the high hat when hit, and the tom has sound of the high hat. When we pull the lead out of the tom, the high hat is fine. Any idea what might be wrong?
JA: What's the brand and model of your instrument?
Customer: Its the Roland TD11kv
JA: How long has this been going on with your Roland? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It is has been going on a little while. We tried resetting the defaults and pulling out the leads as descibd above
JA: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no that's fibe
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Lorenz Vauck replied 1 year ago.

Dear Client,

I am sorry to hear about that problem. My name is***** and I am a tech expert with 19 years of experience.

That is a common problem with the Roland TD11kv, I had two other clients that had the exact same issue. How old is the kit and do you still have a warranty? Because this is a hardware fault.

Please type in the box below, then click on the "Send" button to send me your reply.

Thanks for your patience and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi we got the kit in 2016 so I believe it is now out of warranty

I am sorry to hear that, you should contact your local Roland dealer in this case, as this needs hardware servicing. Where are you located?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** in Northumberland uk, we bought the kit in Newcastle

Thank you. There are several options to you nearby:

JG Windows Limited (Metro Centre)

16 Garden Walk

Metro Centre, Gateshead NE11 9XY

01914932244

JG Windows Limited (Newcastle)

1-7 Central Arcade

Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne & Wear NE1 5BP

0191(###) ###-####/p>

Guitar Guitar (Newcastle)

Rear Entrance

Newcastle-upon-tyne, Newcastle NE1 5JE

01912611568

Professional Music TechnologyNew (Newcastle Upon Tyne)

27-29 Dean Street

Newcastle Upon Tyne, NE1 1PQ

0191(###) ###-####/p>

You can find more dealers here too: https://www.roland.com/uk/dealer_locator/

Personally I would give them a call and ask if they can do the repair directly at your home and ask for quotes, I am sure there are some differences in terms of pricing for the repair, so checking all options might be a good idea to save the most :-)

Please let me know if I can be of further help and thank you very much,

Lorenz

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
many thanks, ***** ***** all of these shops very well. thanks for your advice and have a good day

I have to thank and wish you good luck, if you check the dealer locator, you can possibly find some more shops nearby (Edinburgh for example) to have some more options. Thank you very much and have a good day too,

Lorenz