Lorenz Vauck
Lorenz Vauck, Mastering Engineer
Experience:  Audio mastering engineer, experienced with recording, mixing, mastering, instruments and vst plugins. Just ask me:)
78122054

Just plugged my Roland TD9 kit in for the first time. The

Customer Question

Just plugged my Roland TD9 kit in for the first time. The module lights up but the display shows nothing. How do I get started
Assistant: What's the brand and model of your instrument?
Customer: Roland VTour TD9 drum kit
Assistant: How long has this been going on with your instrument? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just today but it hasn’t been used in ages. Turned it on and pressed various buttons on the module
Assistant: Anything else you want the Instrument Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Can’t think of anything
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Hi, I’ve just paid. Can you tell me what happens next
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Still waiting for a reply, which I was told would be 8 minutes. Still nothing heard. Please respond urgently
Expert:  oleksandrav-mod replied 7 days ago.
Oleksandra-Moderator
Expert:  Lorenz Vauck replied 6 days ago.

Dear Client,

I am sorry to hear about that problem. My name is***** and I am a tech expert with 19 years of experience.

Unfortunately, this is a well-known issue on the TD9 (screen dying). You cannot do anything about it and not even a factory reset does help in this case. What you will need to do, is to contact Roland or a Roland service partner to get the display fixed. You can find dealers nearby by going here: https://www.roland.com/uk/dealer_locator/ Maybe you are still on a warranty?

Please type in the box below, then click on the "Send" button to send me your reply.

Thanks for your patience and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck