Lorenz Vauck
Lorenz Vauck, Mastering Engineer
Experience:  Audio mastering engineer, experienced with recording, mixing, mastering, instruments and vst plugins. Just ask me:)
78122054

My cvp 210 has developed a distorted sound on everything

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: My cvp 210 has developed a distorted sound on everything (including through the headphones).
JA: What's the brand and model of your instrument?
Customer: Yamaha Clavinova cvp 210PE
JA: How long has this been going on with your Yamaha instrument? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just a few days - I tried a factory reset but to no avail.
JA: Anything else you want the Instrument Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks

Dear Client,

I am sorry to hear about that problem. My name is Lorenz Vauck, and I am a tech expert with 19 years of experience.

I know that kind of issue with the CVP models from several other clients that I have been working with. Unfortunately, it almost always is a damaged D/A converter or a damaged OP-amp on the PCB, both of which cannot be easily exchanged if you do not have the parts and know exactly what you are doing, as you need to resolder them to the PCB. In your case, I would highly recommend contacting the nearest Yamaha shop to get this repaired by going here: https://uk.yamaha.com/en/find/dealers/

Please type in the box below, then click on the "Send" button to send me your reply.

Thanks for your patience and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck