Rusty Hoyle
Rusty Hoyle,
Experience:  Electronics Expert at Justanswer.com
63817454

Driver for Roland HP1600e windows 10, Dell, PC, link to

driver for Roland HP1600e windows 10
JA: What's the brand and model of your computer?
Customer: Dell, PC
JA: What have you tried so far with your computer?
Customer: link to computer with midi to usb.
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hello, my name is Rusty. Due to the age of that keyboard, you're not going to have a driver made for Windows 10, ever. You can still use the midi ports on it, those haven't changed since the 70s. There is a device made for exactly this.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Roland-UM-ONE-mk2-MIDI-Interface/dp/B00967UN50/ref=sr_1_4?crid=3K81EMKN6CAL3&dchild=1&keywords=roland+um-one+mk2+usb+midi+interface&qid=1590265886&sprefix=roland+u%2Caps%2C850&sr=8-4

Connect the midi in on the adapter to midi OUT on your keyboard. Plug the Um-One into your computer, and Windows 10 is compatible with it. It will act as the facilitator, and your keyboard is now compatible with Windows 10.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Is there a reason why the one I'm using won't work but the Roland one would work? Here's the one I'm using. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/For-Laptop-USB-to-MIDI-Interface-Cable-Music-Keyboard-Adapter-Converter-Cable-UK/153895678459?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

Yes, for one, that one says it works with XP/Vista. Not Windows 10. You can't trust those cheap ones, they have errors as well. The Um One is really the only product that is reliable, and works with Windows 10.