Electronic Musical Instruments
Ask an Electronic Musical Instruments Question, Get an Answer ASAP!
Hello, my name is***** drum machines use midi, you can set the local control to off, to mute the sounds coming from the module, and only sending them to Ableton.
Press the [UTILITY] button. The setting screen appears.
2. Use the [VALUE] knob to select “SOUND: Local Sw,” and press the [ENTER] button.
3. Use the [VALUE] knob to select “SURFACE,” and then press the [ENTER] button.
4. Press the lit [UTILITY] button. The [UTILITY] button goes dark, and you exit the UTILITY screen.
* Even if you press pads or if MIDI is received, the TR-8S’s internal sound engine does not produce sound.
Did you make any other adjustments in the midi menu?
Ok, set it back to the way it was, and plug in a pair of headphones into the module. That will mute the output as well.
I see what the problem is, you have your output to the TR8s. Monitor the recording from your computer's headphone output. Monitoring from the 8S has potential for a bunch of problems, monitoring from your computer will only output what the DAW hears. Be sure to change your DAW output setting to go out the headphones/internal speakers.
Monitoring can be tricky. It's all about routing to an end of the line, and eliminating a loop. Inputting and outputting to the 8S creates a loop, so there's no end of the line. Outputting from your computer will create an end of line for a single output to eliminate the doubling.
On the 8S or in the DAW?
2 things: Can you hear them when plugged into the 8S headphones? Does it record in the DAW?
Then that's a problem with the 8S. If the effects are being applied, you should hear them in your DAW. I'll take a look to see how to turn them on.
As for the playback in the headphones, go into your DAW I/O settings, and select your computer's speakers as your output device.
Here's what I found:
Make sure the Master FX button is on. Turn the control knob up for the channels you want to add FX to.
Here’s how to apply the master effect to the kit.
1. Hold down the [SHIFT] button and press the MASTER FX [ON] button. The KIT EDIT screen’s MASTER EFX items are shown.
2. Select a master effect type. The editable parameters differ for each effect. &For details, refer to “Reference Manual” (PDF). MEMO You can use the MASTER FX [CTRL] knob to edit the assigned parameter.
3. Press the [KIT] button. Exit the screen.
You are very welcome.