How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Eng. Andres Your Own Question
Eng. Andres
Eng. Andres, Engineer
Category: Electronics
Satisfied Customers: 68
Experience:  Electronic Eng. Electronics Specialist. Circuit designer
Type Your Electronics Question Here...
Eng. Andres is online now

I have a Samsung UE32ES6710 and I wish to purchase an etx(RGB)

Customer Question

I have a Samsung UE32ES6710 and I wish to purchase an etx(RGB) lead of 3 to 4 metres to plug into a "SONOS" amplifier systemn to give me superior sound . can you confirm that is the correct lead to allow the T.V. Sound and the SONOS speakers to work in sinc and WHERE can I purchase such a lead .Thanking you in anticipation .Yours Sincerely XXXXX XXXXX

Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  TV-Tech1 replied 4 years ago.

Your Sonos would require an optical input connection on your amp to mate it to your TV's optical output. I don't think Sonos anticipated that in its design.


As for an "etx(RGB) lead " , that RGB is Red, Green, Blue video and Samsung can only output audio on the Optical output or the Headphone output on your model.


You might be able to use something like a 3.5 mm male to possibly a set of RCA Audio connections, but the TV set really isn't designed to deliver Dolby surround since most TV shows are still Stereo anyways.


I know the Playbar has optical, but I didn't see it listed on the connect amp or play series of units. Those are more computer dedicated


So do you own the Playbar unit?