How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TV-Tech1 Your Own Question
TV-Tech1, Technician
Category: Electronics
Satisfied Customers: 5316
Experience:  30 years servicing Tellys
Type Your Electronics Question Here...
TV-Tech1 is online now

I currently have a 4 way extension that I use for my computer

Customer Question

I currently have a 4 way extension that I use for my computer and monitor and modem I have been informed by my landlord that an electrician is going to put in sockets in the wall what do I say to the electrician so that I can get my computer up and running ?+
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  TV-Tech1 replied 4 years ago.

Hello, I'm TV Tech1 and I'll be working with you to identify and help you resolve your problem.


Computer, monitor and modem? If you only have 3 devices connected, you may ask the electrician if he could install a 3 gang socket, They are available. Most likely he can get one, or he has one on him. If he calls you for an appointment, I would inform him of your needs so he can come prepared. The fire issue isn't the wall plug, it's the cord from the wall plug to the 4 way. Friction, chafing....that's the issue with extensions, and the landlord doesn't want any increases in insurance on his property.