How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Richard Hill Your Own Question
Richard Hill
Richard Hill, Customer Service
Category: Electronics
Satisfied Customers: 705
Experience:  A good general knowledge of electronics, computers and telephony. I can usually get most things fixed.
Type Your Electronics Question Here...
Richard Hill is online now

Hi Is there anywhere I could buy a remote control

Customer Question

Is there anywhere I could buy
a remote control for a technic
intergreated amplifier & cassette
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard Hill replied 4 years ago.
Hi Jim,

One of these should be a suitable replacement:

Any good?

Best Regards,

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi Richard,

I have viewed the three controls that you recommended and they all look like TV controls to me. You say they should work but I have to buy it before I find out and if it doesn't work it's costing me even more money for no results.

So it's a risk that I'm wondering if it's worth taking, unless you really believe its going to work.

Thanks, Jim.
Expert:  Richard Hill replied 4 years ago.

Hi Jim,


I guess the first thing is, have I identified the correct remote?


I concluded you needed a Technics RAK SC508W from this manual, which shows it on pg 4:


Attachment: 2013-07-19_111859_st-x902la,_su-x520d,_su-x920d,_rs-x520,_rs-x920_operating_instructions.pdf


If that is the correct one, then the one on Ebay looks original and the same as in the manual. They claim its in perfect working order so it should be fine. Worst case you would need to return it for a refund, which I know can sometimes be a pain.


I hope that helps.


Best Regards, Richard