carlday1
carlday1, Engineer
Experience:  Self Employed Electronic Engineer
69505510

I have a DVD Recorder Model DMR-EX768EB and cannot Delete unwanted

DVD Recorder Model DMR-EX768EB - cannot Delete unwanted recorded progs,says Cannot edit with Ext. Link. Have Pressed Ext.Link button, nothing happens. Also cannot engage GUIDE to record new progs. & do not wish a mthly membership.

Thank you for using Just Answer my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help with your question.

Please could you try this first if you have not already. Please could you unplug the dvd recorder from the wall for a few minutes this will hopefully reset the dvd recorders software incase it has become corrupt.Sometimes tv's and dvd players need to be unplugged and reset once in a while.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes Carl i have uplugged both the TV & Recorder , replaced and switch on again but problem still there.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

After unplugging the apparatus, leaving for a few minutes and switching on again, problem is still there. Will you please advise what next to do.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Can you advise me what next to do Carl please.

I have replied but it is not showing on my screen so I don't know if you have it.

Could you try going into the screen for recording a new program and then pressing the ext link button. This should turn of ext link mode if that does not work try putting the box into standby and press the ext link button.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Now the window is showing the time here 12.20.

Have you pressed the ext link button when the box was in standby. Hopefully you will now be able to delete the programs you want to now.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I am sorry if I sound unintelligent but what do I press to put into Standby?

If the time is displayed the unit is in standby, you can get to standby by pressing the power button on the remote it is normally coloured red.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you Carl - DVD working OK now.

Brillant, I am pleased I could help if you need any more help please feel free to ask.