carlday1
carlday1, Engineer
Experience:  Self Employed Electronic Engineer
69505510

I have a Kodak ESP.3 printer. It is printing letters etc OK

I have a Kodak ESP.3 printer. It is printing letters etc OK but will not print photos. Can you please help

carlday1 :

Thank you for using Just Answer my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help with your question.

Please could you let me know how the printer is connected is it using a usb lead.

What operating system are you using and what program are you using to print with?

Customer:

hi

Customer:

it is connected with the normal USB cable. I use Sky as my provider and Windows vista.

carlday1 :

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX you trying to print pictures are you using any programs like photoshop

Customer:

I am using my Picture gallery to print the photos from as I have done in the past without any problems

Customer:

Can you help or not

carlday1 :

Please could you check to see if the printer is set as default. To do this go to control panel select devices and printers and have a look and see if there is a tick next to the kodak printer.

Customer:

I have already checked this and there is a tick next to the kodak printer.

carlday1 :

Brillant could you try and print a picture using the picture gallery but before you print it could you look and see if the kodak is the printer it is going to print too on my picture gallery the printer selection is on the left hand side of the screen.

Customer:

Thanks it is now printing Photos but the picture quality is poor. In the printer selection it is jumping to Kodak esp 3(one copy) instead of Kodak esp 3. Can you help with the picture quality?

carlday1 :

The picture quality could be down the the ink is running low or the heads need cleaning, I would advise running the print head cleaning program this is normally found on the kodak control panel.

Customer:

Thanks it all seems to be working I just need to adjust the exposure etc before I print anything.