*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

i have a galaxy s iii it will switch on to the screen but the

i have a galaxy s iii it will switch on to the screen but the screen stays on the title samsung galaxy s iii ,, any idea what my problem might be i have tried a new battery but still the same

thank you
my name isXXXXX will assist you.
Ensure the device is powered off.
To power off, press and hold the Power button.

Select Power off.

Select OK.
Allow several seconds for the device to power off.

Simultaneously press and hold the Power button+Volume up button+Home key until the Samsung logo appears, then release only the Power button. Release the Volume up button and Home key when the recovery screen appears.

From the Android system recovery screen, select wipe data/factory reset.
Utilize the Volume Up/Down keys to highlight and the Power button to select.

Select Yes -- delete all user data.
Allow several seconds for the factory data reset to complete.

Select reboot system now.
Allow several minutes for the reboot process to complete.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

carried out your instructions , but as soon as i switch off the phone it switches its self back on without me touching it , which means i never get to carry out your instructions it only switches its self on to the samsung logo

Okay, try this. Hold the power button and volume up and volume down at the same time.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

no change ,

Sorry about that. Try this next. Remove the battery, then hold the down for 20 seconds then reindeer the battery and follow the steps to reset again starting with the power off.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

sorry what does hold the down for 20 sec then reindeer mean

Sorry about that. My spell check changed the word. Reindeer- is reinsert the battery street you hold the power down for 20 seconds.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

still nothing , the phone comes on for 5 sec then shuts of for 5 sec and carry's on doing that and nothing else

okay,I am very sorry, this sounds like the procerssor has failed. Since restoring the software rules out it being software-related, you can try the reset process a few more times. Unfortunately, the reset is the only optin other than replacing the internal processor.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

ok thank you for all your help i am sorry we never finished with a good result thank you for your patiance