Carl L
Carl L, Technician
Experience:  13+ Years of Computer and Electronics Experience. Current Company Owner as an IT Specialist in FL.
27991594

The Bluetooth connection on my s4 does not produce sound when

The Bluetooth connection on my s4 does not produce sound when connected to bose/audi car system
Hi and welcome to Just Answer, a Question and Answer Company. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you today.

Unpair the S4, remove it's battery for 10 seconds, place it back in, pair it back to the Audi, and try to stream audio again. Does it work this time? If not, which Android version are you running on the S4 and the S3?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have to wait about 1/2 hr for the audi. I'll reply then. Version 4.3 on s4

4.1.2 on the s3

jim

Ok no problem. What year is the Audi? I'll check to see if it's compatible with Android 4.3 while we wait.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

New oct 2012 current 2013 onwards model

jim

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX to ask the model. A4, A5, A6, A7, S4, S5, Q5, R8?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

a6 allroad

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

It's late at night here I'll have to continue tomorrow a.m.

jim

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX checked and the 2012-2014 A6 Allroad supports the S4 mini but not the S4. The reason being is because the S4 mini runs on the Adroid version 4.2.2 whereas the S4 runs on the 4.3 which is a completely different Software. Here's the page I'm seeing from the Audi Website:

graphic

This isn't to say that it will always be incompatible as Audi will issue updates as they come available. You can check every so often on their website to see when it becomes available at: http://audi-intelligence.com/bluetooth/prod/.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for that.It is really odd though as this a.m going to office it worked perfectly then wouldn't after I parked and restarted.

You have given excellent service so top marks for that and you are now in my favourites list.

I can just use the s3 for Bose.

jim

Sounds like a Service issue and that's usually always the problem when it comes to compatibility. Hopefully they fix that soon for the new Android version.

It doesn't look like the Excellect Service Rating went through. Try to click on it again below and see if it works. Let me know if it doesn't.

Thanks Jim!