SkillJim
SkillJim, Customer Service
Experience:  Can help with any electronics questions, from technical to general information.
74775890

my nexus 7 is locked and i cannot insert the pin number because

my nexus 7 is locked and i cannot insert the pin number because i cannot remember it

Hello there and thanks for contacting Justanswer today! My Name is XXXXX XXXXX I would be happy to help you today.

I have taken the following information for you from Google Help. Please read the following steps to help you unlock your phone! If you would like additional help with anything please let me know and I will help you futher!

If you’ve made too many pattern attempts or forgotten your PIN or password, you can try other methods to unlock your Android device.

Sign in to your Google Account

For pattern passcodes only

If you set up a pattern passcode and made multiple attempts to unlock your device, you can touch Forgot Pattern and be prompted to enter your Google Account username and password. This will take you to the Security options in the main Settings menu, where you can reset your device’s password.

If you can’t sign in to your Google Account, try these troubleshooting steps to enter your username or password.

Reset your device to factory settings

If you can’t unlock your device using your pattern, PIN, or password, you can reset your phone or tablet to factory settings.

Important: Performing a factory data reset permanently erases all data on the device.

Factory reset using the bootloader menu

To reset a Nexus device to factory settings using the bootloader menu, select your device below for the factory data reset instructions:

To reset your Nexus 7 to factory settings, please follow these steps:

Note: By performing a factory data reset, all data will be wiped from the device. While any data stored in your Google Account will be restored, all apps and their associated data will be uninstalled.
  1. Go to Settings > Backup & reset.
  2. Touch Factory data reset.
  3. Touch Reset tablet.
  4. If your tablet is password XXXXX you'll be prompted to enter your Pattern, PIN, or Password.
  5. Touch Erase everything to confirm.

Alternatively, follow these steps:

1. If your tablet is on, power it off.
  2. Press and hold Power until the device powers on, then immediately press and hold Volume Down (while still pressing Power). You will see the word Start with an arrow drawn around it.
  3. Press Volume Down twice to designate Recovery mode.
  4. Press Power to restart into Recovery mode. You will see an image of an Android robot with a red exclamation mark.
  5. While holding down Power, press Volume Up.
  6. Use the volume keys to scroll to "wipe data/factory reset" and press Power to select it.
  7. Scroll down to "Yes - erase all user data" and press Power to select it.

Note: If at any point during the above steps your tablet becomes unresponsive, you can restart it by holding down the power button for several seconds.

Factory reset using Android Device Manager

If you connected your device to Android Device Manager, you can remotely erase your device’s data.

1. Sign in to android.com/devicemanager.
  2. Choose the device you want to erase from the menu.
  3. Select Erase.

If you haven’t set up Android Device Manager, follow these steps to add your device.