Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

what soundbar is compatable with my samsung plasma ps50a4

what soundbar is compatable with my samsung plasma ps50a456
Hello, my name isXXXXX be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.

- What kind of problem you are having with HT-SL50 sound bar?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

sometimes the sound is ok then it becomes very distorted when you go to another program and can stay distorted for the whole of that programme

OK, how the TV gets transmission signals?
through Ariel or satellite box etc?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

satellite box I have went in to the settings on the sky settings but this helps for a little while and then it goes back to the way it was.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

satellite box

Thanks John for the info.

Soundbar gets audio signal from TV, now if it gets proper/ good signal, you get normal sound that means soundbar itself is fine and we need to check its sound signal source (TV or Sky box) that occasionally sends distorted audio signal to soundbar and it gives distorted output accordingly.

I would suggest to unplug TV and Sky box power cords from wall socket for 10 minutes to reset them, replug back in and check sound output.
Now if still gets distorted sound then turn Off soundbar and check is the same distorted sound comes from TV built in speakers?
If yes then it would be problem of Sky box which is source for TV for video and audio signals, at this point connect DVD player to TV for sound test to see is the sound still distorted or normal in TV speakers and soundbar.

If DVD playback sound is fine then Sky box is defective and causing the problem and should be replaced to resolve the problem.

I trust my input will help you out to trouble shoot the problem through above mentioned steps. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,

Shahid.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I had already done most of what you have advised over a course of months and the sound is ok through the television speakers. When I first bought the soundbar the only way I could get sound out of it was to plug it into the headphones socket and as I said this was fine to begin with

ah OK, I was not aware of what have you already tried to resolve the issue.

Now how the soundbar is connected to TV?
What type of wire/cable from soundbar is plugged in what jack/port of TV?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

it is wired from the Headphone Plug on the Television via a cable with a single jack plug on each end that is plugged into the subwoofer's audio in port then there are 2 wires with 2 positive and 2 negative wires going to the left and the right hand side of the soundbar

OK, please check following link to view sample picture of the cable that is being used for this connection setup...

http://image.dhgate.com/albu_286393870_00-1.0x0/3-5mm-stereo-to-2rca-cable-audio-and-video.jpg

Now TV already has Audio Out jacks at rear that can be connected to soundbar with regular audio cable (having RCA pins on both ends) as shown in below image link...

http://carampsonline.com/wp-content/themes/shopperpress/thumbs/SCA-RCA-Cables-CAO.jpg

Have you tried that connection setup?

Hi John,

Sorry for confusion, I misunderstood the connection setup that would be in place as shown in below image link..

http://i1.minus.com/i4aehr83BCmJz.jpg

Can you please pull the RCA jacks of audio cable from TV and plug it in Audio Out jacks at back of Sky Box (if it has) and check sound output in soundbar?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Shahid

I have done all that you have asked but I am still not happy with the sound that is coming from my sound bar I feel that there I still a lot of distortion coming from it, and was wondering if you could advise me as to which soundbar would be suitable for my television if I were to replace the one that I have got ?

John,

There are lots of soundbar available that will work with this TV and if I could have info about any favorite brand that you are looking for that would help me to assist you further.

My concern was to first verify the source for soundbar distorted sound and we have tried different things to do so but non worked so I'll go ahead to find you soundbar of your favorite brand.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Shahid

one in the price range of approximately £150 please ,would it be better if it was a Samsung the same as the Television ?

Hi John,

That combination would be superb, please check Samsung HW-F450 soundbar that is available around 166 Pounds (slightly high up 150 Pounds) but has has 280W sound output.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-HW-F450-EN-Subwoofer-SoundShare/dp/B00BMKEW3S/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1398621334&sr=1-1&keywords=samsung+soundbar

I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
Regards,

Shahid.