How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask simitpatel Your Own Question
simitpatel, Customer Service
Category: Electronics
Satisfied Customers: 5763
Experience:  I have 10 years working with electronics.
Type Your Electronics Question Here...
simitpatel is online now

I have an old Samsung VP-K70 video recorder. Can I connect

This answer was rated:

I have an old Samsung VP-K70 video recorder. Can I connect it to my PC to take the films and save them as a mp4 file?
In order to do this, you would need a Capture Card for your computer. A Capture Card will be able to take the analog output of the camera, and convert it to whatever format you want. Here's a link to a USB capture card:

Alternatively, there are plenty of services that will do this for you, that you may want to consider. Here's a link to one:

I'm assuming you are in the UK for all of this, and please let me know if that's not the case and I'll send you links for your country.
simitpatel and other Electronics Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Many Thanks for your help. I have ordered a capture card so, hopefully, I should be up and running when it arrives.