Carl L
Carl L, Technician
Experience:  13+ Years of Computer and Electronics Experience. Current Company Owner as an IT Specialist in FL.

I have a Nikon Coolpix p510 camera. Occasionally, after a

I have a Nikon Coolpix p510 camera. Occasionally, after a a bit of use, the screen does not operate when it is switched on. I have to switch off again and it usually works second time round but it all takes time and is very frustrating. Any ideas?
Hi and welcome to Just Answer, a fee based Question and Answer Company. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.

When the screen doesn't come on, can you still take pictures as if everything else is working ok?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No. The camera is effectively dead. I must switch it off to "reboot" it.

Alright, that rules out a flaky LCD Backlight Inverter leaving the Main Board or possibly the battery terminals. Check the Battery Terminals for any corrosion and clean them with a pensil eraser. If that doesn't fix it, let me know how long you've owned the P510 for.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have 4 batteries and it makes no difference which one I use. I have had the camera for 2 years.

Not the batteries themselves my friend, the battery contacts inside the camera is what we need to check and clean to rule out an intermittent power connection issue.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The contacts within the camera appear to be clean. Unfortunately it takes a bit of continuous use before it starts playing up so it is hard to tell if it is resolved.

Ok, try it out for a little while and let me know how it turns out.