Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech

Is it possible to transfer movies from a Sony DCR-SR58 HDD

Is it possible to transfer movies from a Sony DCR-SR58 HDD Camcorder to Panasonic DVD Recorder Model no DMR-EZ45VEBS. So far it does not seem to work despite following instructions
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- What type of connection setup from camcorder to DVD recorder you have tried?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The supplied cable from the camcorder which ends in 3 coloured jack plugs - red white and yellow which are plugged into the AV3 input terminal on the front of the recorder.

OK, have you tried to select AV3 input in DVD recorder to get camcorder playback picture on TV?

Please reply back with the result.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

You were right. In the Panasonic DVD instructions it said select DV input ,which does not work. Also, on the input display there is no AV3 - only A3 - quite misleading when you are trying to follow exactly.

But now the record button is responding and when the DVD is fully recorded and I press finalise - only then will I know if it has really worked. And that won't be till tomorrow as it is getting late. So I reserve the right to come back to you if it has not worked! Thanks so far. Peter

Hi Peter,
Please take your time and feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.