carlday1, Engineer
Experience:  Self Employed Electronic Engineer

We have a pioneer vsx lx 51 which displays HDMI through - we

We have a pioneer vsx lx 51 which displays HDMI through - we cannot get sound through. Can you help
carlday1 :

Thank you for using Just Answer my name is ***** ***** I will help with your question.

Could you let me know what tv you have and which hdmi port on the tv is connected to the pioneer receiver.

Has the tv worked before with the receiver?

Customer: We have the pioneer 60 inch kuro KRP which has not been touched and neither have any of the ports, the Tv has always worked fine with the receiver 5:1 surround sound, the Pioneer receiver constantly displays "HDMI THROUGH" whereas ordinarily we could set speaker settings to "stereo", "extended stereo" "auto-surround" etc
Customer: How can we send a picture to you???
carlday1 :

Do you have a paperclip on your window? I can send a picture using the paperclip or I can paste pictures into the chat windows

carlday1 :

Could you try this for me.

2 Use up/down arrows to select the setting you want to adjust.

You need to adjust the HDMI setting - change it from through to amp

3 Use left/right arrows to set it as necessary.

4 Press RETURN to confirm and exit the menu.

Customer: Carl all sorted - many thanks for your online help!! MERRY XMAS!