How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask carlday1 Your Own Question
carlday1, Engineer
Category: Electronics
Satisfied Customers: 381
Experience:  Self Employed Electronic Engineer
Type Your Electronics Question Here...
carlday1 is online now

Hi. I have a Samsung soundshare system (model HW-F551). I have

Customer Question

Hi. I have a Samsung soundshare system (model HW-F551). I have misplaced the remote. Is there a way of connecting/linking the sound bar to the subwoofer without the remote control? Thank you
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  carlday1 replied 3 years ago.


Thank you for using Just Answer my name is ***** ***** I will help with your question.

I am sorry but I do not think it is possible to connect the sub woofer to the amp with out pressing the mute button on the remote.

Do you have a samsung tv? If you do you may find that the samsung tv remote will power the sound bar.

If you have or know someone with a samsung galaxy S4 phone they have an infra red sensor built in and you are about to get apps to control items using the phone.

A replacement remote is available here

I hope this helps

JACUSTOMER-jjwuc9ph- : Thank you. Yes, the TV is also samsung which controls the soundboard volume. I just cannot link the sound bar to the subwoofer so it looks like I will have to order a replacement. Thank you again

It may be worth looking on eBay to see if you can get a remote cheaper. I hope you get it sorted soon.