Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech

I have a SonyWireless headphone system MDR-RF810RK

I have a SonyWireless headphone system MDR-RF810RK for which the transmitter is not working.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- Do you get noise in headphones?
- Have you tried to slide the channel switch on base unit to try other channel to get sound in headphones?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

There is no noise from the headphones
I have tried to switch channels to no avail.

OK, does power light on base/transmitter unit lit and charge light also lit when put headphones on it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes, everything seems to work as it should.

Thanks David for the info.
It seems base unit has got internal failure and unfortunately Sony doesn't provide schematics of this unit to check/repair it on component level, I'm sorry for this news so a new wireless headphone unit is the only option.
I understand that you may not like the above news/ answer so please do not rate the answer if you think it is not helpful and select 'relist' option to get second opinion from another expert.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

This is more or less what I expected as I had tried just about everything, but the annoying thing is that I have hardly used the unit but it is still out of warranty.

I'm sorry about that, very rarely this kind of problem occurs in this headphones, I wish I had better news about it.
I have found same model (used) headphone set on ebay for 5.50 Pounds only and you can swap it with defective base unit...
and another complete unit of same model for 13.50 Pounds...
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.