Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer

I have the message " has stopped working"

I have the message " has stopped working" popping up on my HTC M8 screen. Also, my screen indicator marking a text message received, remains in place even after I open the message. How do I fix.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
As the first step, hold the power button down until it powers off, then power on the M8 and tell me if you still get this problem.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

problem still there

Are you able to get to Settings? Or does the error stop you from getting there?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I can get there

go to SETTINGS then Applications Manager, there you find tabs:
Touch the ALL tab & there find the following
Google Play Store, Google Play Services, Google Services Framework. One by one pres them and press clear DATA.
Once done for all of them, restart the M8 and tell me if it is now functioning correctly please.