*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.

I have a lg bp530r player and no wifi is detected when trying

I have a lg bp530r player and no wifi is detected when trying to set up netwoking. Everything else is working fine including cable networking. I have had the lid off to check for loose cables, visible signs of damage to components and things look okay. Robin
Hi, my name is ***** ***** certified professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this.
I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
Has the player ever been connected wireless before?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I can't remember as I brought it at the same time as my smart tv about 18 months ago and have been using that for Internet. I only found out that the player wi-fi is not working because I was going to let someone else use it so they could use the Internet with their tv. Robin

Okay, unfortunately that model requires an adapter in order to connect wireless.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I will have to contact lg or the supplier about this as last given the impression the unit had wi-fi included. If you are correct is the adapter something that is only supplied by lg or something of the shelf at pc world. Robin

The LG BP530 is WIFI ready, however if your model number is ***** then it will require an adapter. (DWA125)>>PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR USER MANUAL<< reference page 18You can get the adapter at your local electronics store if they have it in stock, or you can also order online> PLEASE CLICK HERE<<<