Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a sony bravia 40 inch 3d tv, it has a panel which has

I have a sony bravia 40 inch 3d tv, it has a panel which has gone grey on the middle left of the screen.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- Can you please get me the model number written on back of TV?
- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
KDL-40EX724, it is the same on all inputs am running an xbox and a blu ray player.
Thanks for TV model number, so TV shows normal picture on right half of screen and left half is grey, is this correct?If so then it would be problem of either t-con board or LCD panel, t-con board is located on lower center of rear of screen under metal shield and swapping the t-con board is only option to see if it fix the issue or LCD panel is defective.If LCD panel found bad then its replacement would cost more than new TV price so at this point you would be better off with a new TV. I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. Regards,Shahid.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
it happened after i cleeaned the screen over would i have likely damaged the lcd panel?
Did you use any liquid for screen cleaning?
such as any cleaning spray etc
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes using a soft dry cloth to wipe
Well, soft 'dry' cloth can't damage the LCD panel unless put lots of pressure on screen to break it internally and a broken screen wont show normal picture at exact half of screen.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
its like one fifth of the screen thats affected.
Is it possible for you to take a picture of TV screen and post/attach it here so I can view it which will be very helpful to understand the reason of problem?Please use paperclip icon to attach the picture file.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
also rest of screen also flickering!
Thanks for the picture, this isn't due to cleaning the screen with soft dry cloth and above answer stands still, either problem of t-con board or LCD panel has failed internally. T-con board swapping it needed to confirm the LCD panel.I wish I had better news about TV, please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. Regards,Shahid.