Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.

I have a Garmin nuvi 1200 which suddenly stopped working

I have a Garmin nuvi 1200 which suddenly stopped working when attached to car power cable but was working from its own battery supply immediate prior to putting into car mode
Hi there,Can you try pressing firmly on the power button, and also try pressing it at an angle?It may not be making good contact.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Pete
Tried that, no response
Ok, then some diagnostic testing will be required.Do you have any test equipment available, or are you looking for somewhere to send it for repair?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I don't have any such equipment, but I have tried connecting the satnav via USB to my PC and it doesn't show on the 'computer' screen
It will not show on the PC unless it is powered on.I suspect a fault with the power circuitry inside the satnav, which will require a repair.How old is it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It is about 5 years old
The average lifetime of a satnav is 3-5 years, and for the cost of repair (£50-75)you could get an equivalent up to date model.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is there anything else I can help you with?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No thanks
Ok, have a good day!Pete.