Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I simply want to play a dvd on my dvd recorder. I have done

I simply want to play a dvd on my dvd recorder. I have done this before but now I cannot get it to play. My dvd recorder is Model no. DMR-EZ45VEBS. Can you please help.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you tell me please what happens when you try to play a DVD? What message are you getting or error?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the messages area says "Bye" or "Wait" or "Read". The tv is on and stays on.

Have you tried multiple disks in the event this disk is faulty Rosalie?
Can you confirm this please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Other.
I still cannot play a dvd on my dvd recorder.
Ho Rosalie
Can you respond to my last question please?
I repeated it below
Can you confirm this please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i tried another disk as suggested, and it was fine. I managed to play it on the tv screen

ok, it is the disk that is damaged Rosalie, it is nothing wrong with the player but the Disk.
you will need to have the disk replaced sorry, as it has developed a fault.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.