Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

When switched on, there is no power. Standby red light keeps

When switched on, there is no power. Standby red light keeps flashing rather than being a constant red light.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you tell me the make and model of the device please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Onkyo AV receiver TX-NR808
thanks
Can you unplug it from the power socket.
Then hold the power button in on the receiver.
Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power, turn on the receiver and tell me if it now operates please.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Done but still does not operate.
It is the internal mainboard that has faulted.
Residue power can cause this but we have ruled this out.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the unit to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I bought it 5 years ago and thus warranty has expired. Is it therefore not worth returning it for repair?
ok, the cost of repair would exceed the value of getting a replacement.
In my experience, I advise against getting it repaired, you also only get a limited warranty. I would advise you get a new replacement as opposed to a repair.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
OK, thank you.
your welcome
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.